Good morning! Here’s a weekly round-up of mostly-official, some-rumoured Disney News! I’m not affiliated with any of these blogs or companies, I’m just trying to provide a resource for all the news coming out each week. 😀
- So last week, during True Love Week, WDW hosted a number of couples for
A Celebration of Love; here are some photos from that event, which looks to have been utterly sweet.
- The latest version of the Disney Junior Live On Stage show has opened as of 2/15 at Hollywood Studios. This version includes characters from Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First, to accompany good old Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and returning champ Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Check out official pictures here!
- In my Limited Time Magic blog post yesterday I mentioned the Land of Oz play area in Epcot. Here’s more information and a movie. I think if my kids see this we won’t be able to avoid going to Disney.
- Updates at the Magic Kingdom Park have inspired some great new merchandise you can purchase at the parks. I want that PUSH phone cover, and I don’t even have a smartphone. The Belle and Beast music box is lovely too – coming this summer so MAYBE I won’t miss it!
- Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival is part of Disney’s new Magic of Healthy Living initiative, and they are bringing out a campaign called TRYit, encouraging kids to eat diverse and healthy dishes. More information on the Disney Parks blog. I’m not sure how much luck they’ll have with the beet lollipop.
WDW News from non-Disney Sources:
- No blog to link to directly but according to @studioscentral on Twitter, Hollywood Studios is working on the turnstiles for the new MyMagic+ entrance bands. Woo technology!
- This is not official but you know, sometimes unofficial gets you the goods! Apparently Downtown Disney is slated to have a lot of parking and potential new retail added sometime soon, according to ThemeparkInsider.com.
- The Disney Princess Half Marathon is this weekend! Quick, someone get me new shoes and about six months’ worth of training so I can go too? 😛 Good luck to all runners! You are amazing!
- Okay. So in May Disney is having a Social Media Moms Celebration. And it’s invitation only. And I totally get that there are many, many, MANY better mom bloggers than me out there and that’s cool. But does anyone have any idea how you get on the radar at all? Just… wondering… 🙂
- Also as I mentioned yesterday, from now until March 31 you can sneak preview “Oz the Great and Powerful” at Disneyland Park. In 4D. You know you want to.
- And to help you get over to Disneyland to do that sneak preview, for a limited time you can get a 3-day park-hopper to both Disneyland parks for just $220. That’s a savings of $30 or so. This offer is only good until 2/27 (ie one week), and has to be used for a visit before March 12. (Self-promotion: If you need any help getting a very quick booking in, I actually have experience with that and can have everything done for you within a week!)
- Back to Disney news… Here’s a list of March merchandise events at Disneyland. Some of those paintings are lovely; the Maleficent one is giving me fits. I can do without those Precious Moments dolls though. If I had one I’d be afraid I’d wake up in the middle of the night and find it staring at me from the foot of the bed. Yeesh.
- The only reason I don’t trade Disney pins is because I’m a completist, and if I started, I’d be unable to stop. It’s a horrible sickness. Do have a look at the 2013 pins coming out though.
- I should probably count this as a blog update, but it’s so hard to keep from linkblogging everything that the Disney Food Blog posts that I’m going to split this up. News in the Disney Food World, so like, new menus at park restaurants, food reviews, new items, pictures, things like that. I can look at this stuff all DAY and I swear I’m putting on weight just from the pictures.
- For those of you who follow Disney cupcakes (this is a hobby, you know), there are two new flavours reported by the Disney Food Blog. Birthday cake and pineapple rum cream cheese.
- Via D23, there is an awesome offer for Adventures by Disney’s Backstage Magic Experience. This is a full-on tour of Hollywood and related areas in Southern California, with experiences at the Walt Disney Studios and the Jim Henson Company. Right now D23 members can get $300 off this tour if they book before March 30, for travel between now and October 18.