You know how you sometimes will go around saying “OH, I am going to do that someday!” when you think about going to Disney World? I know this isn’t just me. Lately I’ve found myself with more and more “well, NEXT time I go, I’m going to…” statements coming up, probably because my last trip was so short that I had to postpone or abbreviate a lot of things. So in this post I’m going to make a list of all the things I really WANT to do, but haven’t really had the option yet, at the Magic Kingdom. Maybe in subsequent posts I’ll do other parks and even some of the resorts!
It’s worth noting that a lot of these – nearly all, in fact – involve slowing down and taking something in, some details I haven’t really gotten to enjoy yet. Here we go, in no particular order!
1. Stand outside of Space Mountain for a while in the heat watching people go inside. Listen to any music I can hear from inside. Then take my time in the standby line. (I will confess that I’m listening to Space Mountain concourse music as I write this.)
2. Catch all of Festival of Fantasy. (I usually ‘accidentally’ see parades; I don’t often work them into my day. So when I do see them I typically come in midway through or even near the end.)
3. Catch all of Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It… and get my daughter and son to dance in it with me!
4. Linger in New Fantasyland.
5. Meet Gaston.
6. Go inside Gaston’s Tavern. (That’s right, you heard me. I have been in New Fantasyland but didn’t go into any of the buildings in Belle’s poor provincial town.) Addendum: eat a pork shank, you savage!😀
7. Go through The Little Mermaid standby line.
8. Lunch at Be Our Guest
9. Dinner at Be Our Guest😛
10. Photos of Storybook Circus area, presumably while my children soak themselves in the Casey Jr. Splash n’ Soak Station
11. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
12. Explore around Cinderella Castle
13. See the inside of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique… not sure I can do that without an appointment, but I can try…
14. Take an entire day JUST to meet characters, and not worry about rides.
15. See the “it’s a small world” clock go off
16. Do a few rounds in a row of Peter Pan’s Flight (unlikely)
17. Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel… because it really is charming.
18. Eat something at Pinocchio Village Haus and watch the small world boats go by below
19. Eat at Columbia Harbour House. Apparently I’m very hungry today.
20. Liberty Square Riverboat. I have never never never done that in spite of saying repeatedly I would do it on my next trip. I don’t understand why it’s not called “Liberty Belle Riverboat” although I realize I’m conflating “Liberty Square” with “Lilly Belle”.
21. Waffle Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow (probably the sweet and spicy chicken one). Yep, SUPER hungry.
22. Haunted Mansion – but only after taking a very slow walk through the queue, with lots of pictures and time spent pushing on things that move or make sounds.
23. Shopping spree at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. Well, actually, this is something I like to do every trip and rather than a “spree” I’d just pick up a few new ornaments. Slowly but surely my WDW ornament collection is taking over the tree.
24. Shop in the Frontier Trading Post
25. Pay more attention in general to the buildings and facades in Frontierland – I tend to blow thru here on my way from Splash to Haunted Mansion or Fantasyland.
26. Stop in at the Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
27. Try to get in on some kinda hoedown action
28. FINALLY see the Country Bears Jamboree! (I’m not kidding, I’ve been trying since 2011)
29. If it’s first thing in the morning, take the standby line instead of FastPassing Splash Mountain. I haven’t done that in a while…
30. Let the kids take some time to play outside of the Splash Mountain area.
31. Listen to some banjo music and watch people coming down Splash.
32. Go all the way around on the Walt Disney World Railroad.
33. Get off at each stop on the Walt Disney World Railroad.
34. Go on Splash Mountain at night. I’ve done it before but not in a long time. Ideally do it during the parade or the fireworks.
35. Go on Haunted Mansion at night also. Wooooo…
36. Try out the Pirate Adventure treasure hunt
37. Take in a show of Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial
38. Go on Pirates like three times in a row.
39. PeopleMover. I haven’t reached this point in my trip report yet, but my daughter was kind of peeved with me that we didn’t ride on the TTA PeopleMover because I kept promising we would but it didn’t happen.😛
40. Carousel of Progress. Lifetime Goal: Get my family to sing along, together, aloud, during the show rotation. (I am already predicting several holdouts on this.)
41. See Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray’s. Never managed to do this.
42. Check out any and all kids’ play areas and take some pictures.
43. Actually watch some of the Main Street Trolley Show
44. Ride the Trolley.
45. Or some other Main Street Vehicle.
46. Get a haircut at the Barbershop. I have done this 2 or 3 times, so this time I want to be serenaded while I do.😛
47. Check out the Enchanted Tiki Room now that it’s under Old Management.
48. Browse the shops of Adventureland and enjoy the background music.
49. Get a Dole Whip Float.
50. Spend an hour or two just on Main Street, USA – shop, eat, get some ice cream, drool over candy, possibly buy and eat said candy, pretend Starbucks is not a Starbucks, just stuff like that.😀
And, not numbered but assumed throughout all of these: Take a billion pictures of EVERYTHING.