Well, fellas, it’s been a year! A year of off-and-on, spits-and-spurts blogging at this URL, and I know I’ve fallen off more than once, but I’ve always come back, and I will keep coming back! I’ve had a great time, and I’m really proud of the small but loyal audience my blog has built!Some quick stats:
– In the past year I’ve amassed about 9,050 page views. That’s about 754 per month, which is nice and all, but I think this year I’d like to hit an average of 1,000 per month. 🙂 GOAL – SET! 😉
– I have just under 200 posts up here. If I include the ones that are in draft format, it’s just over 200.
– I had one day where I got 1,051 hits in 24 hours. That was because Kasey from Kasey Knows Orlando (click that link!) very effectively promoted me on Pinterest, and it just EXPLODED!
– My most-viewed blog post remains “Things I’ve Learned From Miss Piggy“, which was an off-the-cuff piece I put together after seeing “The Great Muppet Caper” a couple of times last year and thinking how much I love her in that movie. Really, it’s her best of all of them. 🙂
– It would appear that my two most-viewed types of blog posts are Top 5 articles, and my trip reports. Saturday Blog Showcases are not unpopular, but they go in waves, and I think the Top 5s are definitely the most consistently viewed “type”.
With that in mind I think I want to try to write up a few Top 5s tonight, but it will be a little while before I have the time, since I’m battling a backlog at work, a head cold, and my kids being cooped up on snow days. 🙂
So for the meantime, let me just say how happy I am if you come here regularly, how much I love the Disney blogosphere, and how much fun I have writing here. Thanks to everyone for supporting me, including many of my fellow bloggers (click that link to check out but a fraction of ’em), friends on Twitter (too many to list!), and long-time friends on Facebook and elsewhere!
So I’m wondering, do you have a favourite type of post here, or a favourite post in particular? Any comments you’d like to leave to sum up the past year (even if you just started reading yesterday)? I’m all ears! 😀