Need some reading material? This ought to keep you busy for the week. Here’s a selection of my favourite Disney-themed blog topics from the past few weeks…
- Get the low-down on the Disney Cruise European itineraries from the Disney Parks blog. Beautiful pictures and great travel options!
- The Disney Blog posted these deleted scenes from Wreck-it Ralph.
- Lou Mongello posts a video showcasing the Top 5 snacks in Downtown Disney at Disney World. Lou’s top-anything lists are always a big hit with me, and hey. Food. Right on. 😀
- Here are several photos from WDW’s past, posted by WDWFacts.com. Plus one VERY nice current photo!
- Touringplans.com has a post about 10 ways to celebrate at Disneyland. See, I wouldn’t know this. To me the celebration is going there. But that’s why there are places like Touringplans.com!
- My daughter isn’t a picky eater, but she’s not what I’d call adventurous either… she’s about average. But she’s willing to TRY new things, even if she won’t like them, so an article like this one by the Disney Food Blog about counter service with the adventurous child speaks to me and inspires hope!
- Over at AllEars.net, there is a post about the new King of Expedition Everest, a boy who rode 50 times in one day with some help of Disney CMs. This is an awesome story!
- Walt Disney World is having a blog readers meetup for Oz the Great and Powerful, over at Epcot this coming Sunday. It’s already filled to capacity, but… nice to know about I guess. :p
- Disneyland Paris MAY (that’s a big may) be adding a Star Wars Land and/or Marvel Land, according to the Disney and More blog.
- So I might just possibly have a SLIGHT obsession with River Country and its no-longer-in-use status. Maybe. Well, so do a lot of other people, so there. Meanwhile though, Main Street Gazette approaches the changes of River Country from a new perspective, with a post that showcases how portions of River Country have been put to new use! And he breaks no laws in doing it. 😉
- Picture essay: Disneyland vs. Disney World, how they compare and contrast, by the Orlando Sentinel.
- Steve Barrett, the “Hidden Mickey Guy”, blogs about some really hard-to-find Hidden Mickeys on the AllEars.net blog.
- All about Roger Broggie, one of the window recipients on Main Street, USA.
- Whenever anyone talks about restrooms at the Magic Kingdom now, they always talk about Rapunzel. Okay, that sounds wrong, but I don’t think I can salvage it. No, but there is a Rapunzel-themed restroom area being built at the Magic Kingdom, and The Disney Blog is bringing us up to speed on it.
- More useful information from the Disney Food Blog: how to avoid crowds when dining in WDW. Take notes.
- Walt Disney World For Grownups offers information on the themed “niche” rooms at certain Disney resorts – you know, Princess rooms, Pirate rooms? The “let’s make the resorts even more awesome” rooms?
- This article, at Disney Preparedness blog, is about whether young children are too young for WDW. It’s worth it just for the adorable picture, honestly.
- WDW71 has an article discussing the early resort idea for WDW to have themed international hotels, a concept I’ve always been fascinated with.
- The Jambo Everyone blog writes about a discarded Animal Kingdom idea for an Animal Carousel in the vein of Aladdin’s Flying Carpets.
- Alt Disney World has posted a Disney movie news roundup with casting and other information for upcoming Disney films!
That’s it for today… Tune in for more!